Friday, August 26, 2011

Hurricane Irene is Messing with my Health

Today started off better than I could have hoped. I had the final interview for a job at a bank that I have long been hoping to work for. I received a call just a few hours later with a job offer. I start Tuesday. Now, you might ask, why not start Monday? Well, as you may have read in my last blog, I was supposed to be unconscious during the lunch hour, having giddy dreams about childhood picnics while my surgeon would search through my ileostomy wound to find the cause of the pain-in-my old temporary ass's abscesses. Well, thanks to Irene, I'll be eating lunch on Monday rather than reminiscing about peanut butter and fluff on Wonder Bread.

This is obviously problematic. I am starting a job on Tuesday, and my new procedure date was moved to September 19. I need 2.5 weeks off of work for my wedding/honeymoon in just six weeks, so asking for any other time off between now and when I tie the knot is out of the question. And I thought Irene was going to be done pouring her spout by Sunday night, so why cancel a Monday afternoon appointment? This is the first time I have been irritated with Dr. Proc, but I am trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he drives an electric car and he's worried he won't have a full charge come Monday morning.

For now, let's get psyched about the return of The Sensitive Little Flower's paycheck.

No comments:

Post a Comment