Monday, June 20, 2011

3 More Days! / Guitars for Guts Donations

Well….3 more days! The closer the surgery date gets, the more nervous I am. Although this surgery is not as major as the first, the thought of hopping onto that skinny little operating table and waking up in a hospital bed still intimidates me, especially after having been there only three months ago. I have also (strangely enough) become fairly attached to my ileostomy. I have been feeling fantastic this last month or so thanks to this strange thing on the side of my abdomen. Getting rid of it is a little scary. That said, a big part of me can't wait to get rid of it. The whole surgery thing is much like moving and attending a new Junior High school. The prospect of new beginnings is always exciting, but there is also a significant element of fear of the unknown. The ileostomy has become my comfort zone and the j-pouch is kind of like that hot 8th grader that might ask me out, but he also might humiliate me. I just have to keep remembering that I can always return to that comfort zone and that is not a terrible worst-case-scenario.

We have also created a donation site for our event via the CCFA website. If you are not able to attend our Sunday, August 14th event at the Music Hall of Williamsburg, please consider making a donation directly to the CCFA through our event website. All donations would be so very gratefully appreciated!!

I may or may not blog before my surgery Thursday morning, but if you don't hear from me, keep an eye out for a post from my family on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment